Meals Program – Information plus Terms and Conditions
The meals that are part of the $3 Meal Deal are not for sale. They are provided free of charge to holders of a current membership. The membership fee is an administrative fee, which assists the program to cover the costs involved with preparing, distributing and more generally, the cost of running the $3 Meal Deal program.
Multiple membership purchases must be of the same membership level; meals will be deducted from the total at the highest rate, not the lowest. i.e. purchasing 1 week and 1 month will mean all meals are charged at $5 rate, not $4 due to the complexity and time required.
For more info, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To purchase a $3 Meal Deal membership:
(Note: New Membership no’s take 24 hours to process and will be emailed to your PayPal email address)
- Scroll down to the Subscription buttons and select either the 1 week, 1 month or 3 months subscription membership option
- Click and log into your PayPal account or click on the credit or debit card option if you don’t have a PayPal account
- Complete the requested information and finalise the transaction
- Once you complete the transaction, you will be taken to the $3 Meal Menu page, so you can order your meals. Alternatively click here to go to the Meal Deal Order Form
- Membership no. is required on order form along with all the other details requeted, or it cannot be processed.
Please note that the online facility is for subscription** customers. If you’d prefer a non-subscription payment, please visit our café and talk to one of our friendly staff.
$3 Meal Deal – Subscription** Offer:
Subscribe to our $3 Meal Deal online Weekly, 1 month or 3 month auto-renewal subscriptions, for the lowest price. (Weekly memberships are only available online and only via subscription). You may cancel via PayPal at any time. Your on-going support is helping us:
- Continue and expand the meals program
- Provide your family with restaurant quality nutritious meals
- Make food insecurity a thing of the past in Australia
Get a gift card for yourself, your family, or someone else who would appreciate the gift of restaurant quality food.
- Regular orders accepted only until… midnight Sundays
- Bulk delivery orders for Fridays of 10 or more are accepted till midnight Mondays
- Menu is updated every Tuesday for you to order for the NEXT week
- Membership # is 6 digits, starting 00 and is required.
- Membership # is emailed within 24 hrs after purchase. Still waiting? Please Email us: email@example.com Always check JUNK and SPAM folders in email anyway.
- To make a purchase, please click… >here < or got to the $3 Meal Deal Subscription page.
- To find the nearest café please visit our Café Location page
- Usual Pickup times: Wed 2pm to 7pm; Thu – 1pm to 7pm; Fri – 1pm to 5.30pm; Sat & Sun -1pm to 5pm; (Please note times may vary from café to café)
- Multiple membership purchases must be of the same membership level; meals will be deducted from the total at the highest rate, not the lowest. i.e. purchasing 1 week and 1 month will mean all meals are charged at $5 rate, not $4 due to the complexity and time required.
- Mon + Tue- Closed.
- Delivery is available between Wednesday – Friday only. Cost for up to 10km is $7, 15km is $10.50 and up to 20km is $14. Special delivery pricing available for bulk orders.
- Distance is calculated using google maps starting from our Altona North Community Library site to your delivery address.
- Delivery Customers – Must leave an Esky or Cooler bag on the porch for food safety reasons, if not home, otherwise meals will be returned to Altona North Community Library site or pickup and your account will be debited. (Bulk orders are exempt, as we provide the cooler bags etc.)
Delivery times are “Preferred Times“: it is a range, varying up to 2 hrs.
Deliveries Wed-Fri 2.30pm-7pm
12. $3 MEAL DEAL MEMBERSHIP
12.1 The meals that are part of the $3 Meal Deal are not for sale. They are provided free of charge to holders of a current membership. The membership fee is an administrative fee, which assists the program to cover the costs involved with preparing, distributing and more generally, the cost of running the $3 Meal Deal program.
12.2 There are four levels of membership that a customer can choose from and they are:
a) Casual Membership – Available at the Healthy Food Hubs (Offered to the general public to try our meals and meals are offered either with or without a membership number for that purpose)
b) Weekly Membership – Only available online
c) Monthly Membership – Available online or at our cafés
d) 3 Monthly Membership – Available online or at our cafés
12.3 Online subscriptions are important because they help us plan how many meals are required each day.
12.4 Please note – Subscription memberships mean that you will be charged on a regular basis, based on the level of membership you have chosen. Example: If you have subscribed to a weekly membership, you will be charged weekly for the cost of the weekly membership.
12.5 To suspend or cancel a subscription membership, you must log onto your PayPal account and suspend or cancel it.
12.6 As every dollar received is spent on ensuring that we are able to help as many Australians as possible, we do not offer refunds. If a refund is requested, we will review and action each request on a case by case basis. Please also note that if you elect to request a refund and a refund is granted, we will assume that you will no longer wish to participate in the programs run by UrCommunity and your membership will be cancelled. This also means that you will not be eligible to participate in any of our meals programs or receive any other assistance from UrCommunity in the future.
12.7 Refund Policy for the $3 Meal Deal
Memberships are time based, which means that if you do not use the credits within the allocated time frame, they become null and void. Exceptions include:
a) If you’ve purchased a monthly membership, we’ll allow you the flexibility of taking a few more one week and a few less the other week as required.
b) If you come to the end of your membership and still have outstanding credits, you will have the option of rolling them over, if you renew your membership.
If you decide to cancel your membership, you will only be eligible to receive a refund for One membership period for credits not used.
Example 1: You’ve signed up to a weekly membership and you haven’t used your credits for four weeks but decide you do not want to continue. You will be eligible to receive a refund for One weeks’ worth of membership.
Example 2: You’ve signed up to a 3-month membership and 10 weeks in you decide you do not want to continue. In this instance, you will be eligible to receive a refund for the remaining 3 weeks, assuming you haven’t already used up the credits in additional meals or other products/services.